BACK AND IN PERSON!
Q U I C K L I N K S
WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2020
- safe contactless donations, follwoign venue protocl
- New venues: Snow Valley Ski Hill, Ice District Plaza, 9910, Blue Plate Diner and La Cité Francophone.
- Jazz On The Hill
- The EJO
- Club Series events at Blue Chair Cafe and Cafe Blackbird showcasing Edmonton-based acts.
- Volunteer opportunities – Join new and old friends and gain experience helping to bring the 2018 event to life! SIGN UP
- Old Strathcona Performing Arts Centre will once again host the Big Band Bash featuring MacEwan University Big Band, MacEwan University Outreach Band and the Littlebirds Big Band.
- More Jam sessions included at Bellamy’s Lounge as well as a special jam to follow Ghost-Note on June 25 at the Starlite Room.
To avoid disappointment, buy your tickets early.
Tickets for all shows will be sold though each venue box office and/or event prite Prices and price ranges listed are for advance sales and GST. They do not include the venue box office service charges.
All sales are final.
The pandemic continues on, and we will continue to prioritize artist and audience safety at this year’s festival. For the most up-to-date information, please make sure to subscribe to our mailing list. You can subscribe by scrolling down to the footer of our website!
We are following all the guidelines issues by the Province of BC and will provide updates as needed.
If you have further questions, please contact our office.
YARDBIRD SUITE SERIES
Laila Biali | $30
Vincent Herring Quartet | $40
Ghost-Note; Opener: Carter & the Capitals | $25
Sheila Jordan + Cameron Brown; Opener: Maya Rae ft. Miles Black Trio | $40
Moon Hooch; Opener: Klusterfunk | $25
Johnny O’Neal Trio | $40
FREE NOON-HOUR JAZZ SHOWCASES
ICE DISTRICT PLAZA
LE CITE FRANCOPHONE
FREE NOON-HOUR JAZZ SHOWCASE
ICE DISTRICT PLAZA
Blue Chair Café | $17 – $20 | No Passes
Reservations Recommended – bluechair.ca or 780-989-2861
Café Blackbird | $15 | No Passes
Reservations Recommended – cafeblackbird.ca or 780-451-8890
WORKS WITH JAZZ SERIES
A free lunch-hour showcase of some of Edmonton’s finest jazz musicians.
This series is presented in part by the Works Art & Design Festival
BIG BAND BASH
An afternoon of bold and brassy performances by three of Edmonton’s well-established big bands. All ages welcome!
JAZZ FOR KIDS
Bring the whole family for an interactive hour of jazz and fun at Jazz For Kids with the Audrey Ochoa Quintet. Sing along, clap along, play along with some of Edmonton’s finest musicians as they break down some of the history, theory and functions of jazz music and give you in the audience the chance to get involved from your seats or even on stage! There will be prizes, dancing and live music.
Audrey Ochoa – Trombone
Jeremiah McDade – Saxophone
Brett Hansen – Guitar
Sandro Dominelli – Drums
Mike Lent – Bass
POP-UP STREET TEAMS
Enjoy free outdoor showcases by some of Edmonton’s rising musicians.
Dress for the weather! June 22 – Telus Park – Gus Butcher Trio June 23 – Arrival Park (By MKT) – Peter Zawalski’s Mischief Trio June 24 – Cafe Blackbird – Fred Mack Trio June 25 – The Hallway @ City Hall – Paul Bergeron Trio June 26 – Starbucks Patio on 109 St & Jasper – Jon Guenter Trio June 27 – Canada Place Park – Rule of Thirds June 28 – Beaver Hills House Park – Is You Ain’t June 29 – Scott Snider Trio – CBC Centre Stage (City Centre Mall) – Scott Snider Trio June 30 – River City Revival House – Jonny Chavez Trio
TICKETS SOLD DIRECT THROUGH VENUE
Cecile McLorin Salvant w/ special guest Sunna
Winspear Centre Box Office | winspearcentre.com or 780-428-1414
Ghost-Note and Moon Hooch
Starlite Room | starliteroom.ca
Club Series Events
Blue Chair Café – bluechair.ca or 780-989-2861
Blue Plate Diner
ALL OTHER ADVANCE TICKETS, PASSES & PACKAGES AVAILABLE THROUGH EDMONTONJAZZ.COM
- NEW! We have Print-At-Home and/or Mobile Tickets this year. Ticket(s) are sent to your inbox in PDF format, barcode must be visible to scan tickets. If it doesn’t have a barcode, it’s not a ticket!
- Tickets will also be available at venue doors on show nights, space permitting. $2 service fee will be charge on door sales.
- Watch both the News and Ticket Info pages for updates on ticket offers.