The Jazzworks Non-Competitive Band Festival (NCBF) provides an enhanced workshop experience for junior/senior high school students playing within large jazz ensembles. Band leaders and students from all over the province, and as far away as Saskatchewan, will take to the Yardbird Suite and the Old Strathcona Performance Centre to perform, learn and create new memories with their peers. Join in on the fun and be part of the 15th year of this fantastic event!
TANIA GILL (Piano)
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- REGISTER HERE
- Both jazz bands and vocal jazz ensembles are welcome.
- Registration deadline: December 13, 2019
- No refunds after November 13, 2019
- Earlybird Registration (Before October 13, 2019) – $425 per clinic
- General Registration (After October 13, 2019) – $475 per clinic
- Time Slot Reservation Deposit – $100
Upon reserving a showcase spot, 25 tickets will be held on your behalf for your performing ensemble. Once all showcase time slot reservations have been confirmed, performing ensembles will be contacted to confirm requests for additional tickets. Showcase tickets are $10 each and must be purchased for all participating, including students, band directors and chaperones. Performers get first priority.
- Observer Tickets – $10 each, space permitting
Once the ticketing for the performing ensembles has been taken care of, remaining tickets will be made available for purchase for non-performing ensembles, parents, general public, etc.
FREE IMPROVISATION CLINICS
- Back by popular demand! Improvisation clinics conducted by our guest clinicians, covering improvisation techniques, tips and inspiration.
- The Improv Clinics are free but groups must confirm attendance/interest when completing online registration form.
FREE LUNCH-HOUR PERFORMANCE
- The Edmonton Jazz Festival Society is please to provide the opportunity for festival participants to observe a showcase but the Edmonton Jazz Orchestra!
- This event is free for festival participants but groups must confirm attendance/interest when completing online registration form.
- Lunch order options will be made available to participating schools to allow students/teachers to enjoy a warm meal while watching the lunch-hour performance.
- Each order includes pizza, fresh veggies and juice.
- Cost per student/teacher/chaperone = $10 each
- Meals must be pre-ordered
– OUR THANKS –
For 15 years our community has come together to present the TD Edmonton International Jazz Festival. In 2020 we had to get creative to find ways to carry on a 25+ year tradition of celebrating the city’s talent, history, and love of jazz through a summer festival. We thank everyone for their words of encouragement, for sharing their talent, and supporting us on this new adventure.
We miss working with our festival crew and volunteers and celebrating our successes with them as well as with our sponsors and partners. It is the support throughout the years of these amazing members of our jazz festival family that have helped us build our festival to what it is today.
We look forward to 2021 when we can celebrate your continued partnership and thank each and every one of you, for everything you do to help bring live music to our community.